16 May 2017
Part Time BLS Providers
COMMUNITY RESCUE SERVICE INC.
Position Announcement 2017-05
Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (BLS), FF/Rescue Tech
Community Rescue Service, Inc., (CRS) an emergency services organization which provides Basic and Advanced Life Support 911 transports (in addition to rescue and fire ground support services) to Hagerstown and surrounding Washington County Areas. We are accepting applications for part-time BLS Technicians. Part time BLS Technicians will typically work a 10, 14 or 24 hour work shift.
The BLS Technician is responsible for all aspects of the company’s daily operations of EMS, rescue and fire ground responses. Additional duties include station details as well as other associated duties as assigned. A complete job description is available upon request.
- High School Graduate or G.E.D.
- Current Maryland EMT-B (or obtain reciprocity prior to employment)
- Approved EVOC Drivers Program
- Pre-employment drug screen
- Preferred 1-year experience as a licensed BLS provider
- Preferred MFRI Rescue Technician (Site Ops & Vehicle and Machinery Extrication, or its equivalent)
- Preferred MFRI Firefighter I
- MFRI Haz-Mat Operations, (equivalent National Pro-Board certifications will be considered acceptable for any of the above requirements).
- Must have the ability to lead others
- Must acquire full knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated
- Preference will be given to those who meet all qualifications, to include those in an ALS class currently. ** Submit a letter of intent with detailed training and other related documentation. Letters of intent must be received by Wednesday May 31, 2017 at 1600hrs. Letters of intent will be given to Administrative Assistant Sandy Reichert. CRS volunteer personnel must have completed probation and have all required annual OSHA and in station training complete prior to the date of this position announcement. Active CRS Volunteers must have maintained at least 6 months compliance with all membership requirements at the time of submission of your letter of intent. External Applicants:
- Internal Applicants:
** Applications are available online at www.crs75.org. Applications must be submitted to the department by Wednesday May 31, 2017 at 1600hrs. Applications will be submitted to Sandy Reichert, Administrative Assistant
[ Downloadable PDF File ]